Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick announced Monday a 20-member advisory committee of tea party and grassroots leaders to improve coordination between his office and conservative leaders.
Known as the Lieutenant Governor Grassroots Advisory Board, the panel will serve a similar function to the six advisory boards of business leaders that Patrick unveiled two weeks ago.
The grass-roots board will be led by JoAnn Fleming, executive director of Grassroots America — We the People and leader of the Texas Legislature’s Tea Party Caucus Advisory Committee.
“Our primary focus will be on border security, education reform and tax relief legislation — serious issues important to a strong Texas,” Fleming said in a statement.
Other members include:
• Julie Turner , president of Texas Patriots PAC in The Woodlands and an early tea party movement leader.
• Katrina Pierson of Garland, a tea party organizer and unsuccessful challenger to U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions in the 2014 GOP primary.
• Bill Hussey, former president of the Llano County Tea Party who sued to block the Llano school district from using CSCOPE-produced lessons.
• Ken Emanuelson , a Dallas tea party activist who said in 2013 that Republicans did not want blacks to vote because they overwhelmingly support Democrats, then backtracked, saying he should not have tried to speak for the Republican Party.
• Chuck Molyneaux of Allen with the McKinney Tea Party.
• Larry Youngblood of Hilltop Lakes, who ran as a tea party conservative against U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady, losing in the 2012 GOP primary.
• Connie Curry, a longtime Republican activist from Lubbock who worked on Patrick’s 2014 campaign and served on his inauguration committee.
• Michael Openshaw of Plano, with the North Texas Tea Party.
• Dean Wright of Austin, co-organizer of the Austin Tea Party.
• Robin Lennon, president and founder of the Kingwood TEA Party.
• Debbie Georgatos, a Dallas Republican Party activist.
• Sharon Hall of New Braunfels, a volunteer for Patrick’s 2014 campaign.
• Derek Baker of McKinney, a longtime conservative Republican activist.
• Steve Baysinger, a board member for the San Antonio Tea Party and former president of the Tenth Amendment Center-Texas.
• Jim Lennon with the Kingwood TEA Party.
• Ted Hart, president of the Frisco Lakes Conservative Coalition.
•Julie McCarty of Grapevine, a co-founder of the Northeast Tarrant Tea Party.
• Tom and Toni Fabry with the Frisco Tea Party.